Creating aat a time.
We also analyze all aspects of your life, such as your lifestyle and environment, to try to get to the root of the issue.
The Recovery Center Of Maryland
Recovery Center of Maryland offers dual diagnosis intensive outpatient treatment for drug and/or alcohol abuse. Our focus is on the treatment of alcohol abuse /addiction, marijuana addiction, heroin addiction, & opiate abuse/addiction. Our intensive outpatient treatment program groups meet 3 to 4 times a week. We provide a safe, intimate setting wherein individuals can explore their core issues, develop greater self-awareness, and learn coping skills to successfully manage their addiction. Our Recovery Model focuses on the following:
- Re-establishing or maintaining support systems
- Gaining an understanding of the causes, symptoms, and treatment of addiction
- Developing a solid base of self-esteem
- Learning healthy boundaries
- Finding a comfortable spiritual path
- Learning to express feelings and needs
- Developing coping skills
- Dealing with anxiety and depression, guilt and anger
- Managing stress
- Understanding the importance of nutrition in recovery
- Dealing with family and interpersonal issues
David Engwall is the Executive Director of The Recovery Center of Maryland. He is an experienced healthcare professional and leader with a demonstrated history of working in the behavioral health care industry. David began his behavioral health career working in higher education in Connecticut and found his niche working in community healthcare.
Since moving to Maryland in 2009, David has worked as a clinician, supervisor, consultant, director, and regional director for behavioral health treatment agencies across the state of Maryland. David has served in leadership positions in a variety of settings including OTP, MAT, community mental health, and community addiction treatment. He has worked as a program development specialist for several national companies and has provided consulting services at an international level.